Information Genital herpes
Genital herpes is the sexually transmitted infection which affects male and female both. Infection is due to herpesb simplex virus (HSV -2) or herpes simplex virus (HSV-1), this virus is responsible for cold sores. This problem is characterized by the itching, pain and sores in the genital areas. Sex with many partners increases the risk of genital herpes. Women are more prone to this infection incomparrison to males.
* Pain in the genital areas.
* Muscle aches.
* Sores can form on cervix, external genitals and vaginal areas in females.
* Sores formation occurs on the scrotum, penis, thighs and urethra in males.
* In the case of both male and females, Sores can form on the anus, mouth and buttocks.
- HSV -1 – In herpes simplex virus (HSV-1) there is the formation of cold sores, fever blisters around mouth and can spread to genital areas due to oral sex. These infections are less common than HSV -2.
- HSV -2 – Herpes simplex virus -2 is the most common cause of genital herpes. In this case viral infection spreads through sexual contact and through skin to skin contact. HSV -2 is a highly contagious virus.